We held our first of eight open sparta workouts this past Saturday from 1 - 3 pm. This first workout consisted of exercises that participants were to do during the week as well as teach attendees how to do a deadlift and romanian deadlift correctly. Everyone also got to try doing pullups from the functional trainer with the assistance of the heavy flexbands.
The workout of the day was:
1. Squat explode (body bar or smith machine)
2. Dumbbell push-up with a body row
3. Forward lunge bicep curl/back lunge shoulder press
4. Incline kettlebell chest press
6. Ab crunches
7. Romanian deadlift with kettlebell upright row
8. Pull-ups (functional trainer with assistance of flex bands)
9. Deadlift with bodybar
10. Push-ups to failure
11. 12-18 inch box jumps
Format: 2 rounds through in circuit fashion: all exercises were 2 sets/12 reps except abs. Abs were 2 sets/20 reps. Box jumps done only 2nd set for 20 reps.