Friday, December 30, 2011

BOOTCAMPER OF THE YEAR NOMINEES 2011


4. BRUCE HAFFORD

1. How long have you been coming to PhysicallyFit?

I joined PF April 2009.

2. What were your goals when you started?

My goals have changed through out my time with PF. When I started my goal was to simply not go an entire week without a workout. Than Courtney encouraged me to train for my first marathon in March 2010, so finishing a marathon became my goal. Now my goal is to finish a 70.3 Iron man with Courtney.

3. What results have you seen in yourself? What have others seen?

I am not sure what others have seen, however I have noticed a slight weight loss since I started PF. I have also noticed a drastic increase in my endurance and my strength. The most import result that I have noticed is the overall way I feel, which is the best I have ever felt in my life.

4. What is your biggest motivator?

My biggest motivator is Courtney Lane. I know it sounds cheesy, but its true. She motivates me to be a stronger and better man. The second largest motivator is my health. Heart disease is in my family and staying healthy and working the heart the way we do in PF builds confidence for a long healthy life.

5. What other accomplishments have you achieved outside of bootcamp this year (2011)? (i.e., Outside exercise habits or activities, nutrition habits, races, etc. )

2011 was a great year for me.

I ran the following races:
1. Danbury, CT 13.1 Half Marathon in March 2011
2. Burlington, VT 26.2 Full Marathon May 29th 2011.
3. Salem, MA 13.1 Half Marathon September 2011
4. Newport, RI 13.1 Half Marathon October 2011
5. Englishtown, NJ 12 mile Tough Mudder Event November 12th 2011

In addition to the above races, I play 1st base and hit 4th in a very competitive wooden bat hardball baseball league called the GHIBL, http://www.ghibl.org/.
The league is every Sunday from April to October. The Chiefs, my company sponsored team, finished in 5th.

6. What does being nominated for Bootcamper of the Year mean to you?

I take a lot of pride in everything I do. I try to lead by example and always give 100%. I take all BC classes seriously and have certainly enjoyed my personal growth and the friendships I have made at BC along the way. I am honored to be recognized with the nomination of Bootcamper of the Year 2011.

No comments: