Friday, December 30, 2011

BOOTCAMPER OF THE YEAR NOMINEES 2011


#3 JENN RICCIO


1. How long have you been coming to PhysicallyFit?
I’ve been coming to PhysicallyFit for a little over a year. I started in November of 2010.

2. What were your goals when you started?
I honestly didn’t have any goals when I started. A friend invited me to try a workout. After a week of saying no, I finally agreed to try it out. I had been an athlete through college and participated in rigorous workouts before, but for some reason I was threatened by the word bootcamp. When I agreed, I had no idea what I was getting myself into; I didn’t think I could do “bootcamp”. I certainly didn’t envision going back for a second workout, signing up, or still being there a year later. I will always be thankful to my friend for introducing me to something that has changed my life.

3. What results have you seen in yourself? What have others seen? PhysicallyFit and bootcamp have changed my life. I have seen both physical and mental changes in myself. My body has completely changed; my percentage of body fat has decreased about 5%, my muscles have become more defined, I have become physically and mentally stronger and I have gained self-confidence. I try to push myself each time I complete a workout even when I’m tired and want to quit. Before joining PhysicallyFit, I didn’t have faith in myself that I could accomplish some of the things that I have accomplished over the past year. I know other people have seen these changes in me too because I have received encouragement and support from fellow bootcampers. In addition to these changes I have experienced within myself, I have also met some wonderful people at PhysicallyFit and I’m very grateful and honored to call some of them my friends.

4. What is your biggest motivator?
My biggest motivator is seeing the benefits that exercise has on my health, confidence and fitness; and knowing that after doing things I never thought I would do, I can accomplish anything I put my heart and mind into.

5. What other accomplishments have you achieved outside of bootcamp this year? (i.e., Outside exercise habits or activities, nutrition habits, races, etc. )
Because of bootcamp I completed my first 5K (and now try to race regularly), 2 Tough Mudder races (and I’m signed up for my third), ran the Newport Half Marathon in October and was bootcamper of the Month in April. I remember congratulating the first Tough Mudder NJ team and telling them how I admire what they had done because I would have never been able to do that. I also started running outside of bootcamp not only for exercise, but because it is invigorating and gratifying; I wouldn’t have been caught dead saying that before joining bootcamp! I have also sought help with my eating habits and diet in order to help support my new life style.

6. What does being nominated for Bootcamper of the Year mean to you?
I was shocked when I received this nomination, but I am very grateful that my hard work has not gone unnoticed. There are many people at PhysicallyFit who have inspired and motivated me over the past year. The nomination alone is very rewarding and will only push me to work harder!

No comments: