Friday, December 30, 2011

BOOTCAMPER OF THE YEAR NOMINEES 2011


7. EAMON O'CONNOR

1. How long have you been coming to PhysicallyFit?

I have been coming to Bootcamp at PhysicallyFit for two and a half years, beginning in May 2009.

2. What were your goals when you started?

When I started my goal was to get back into shape. I had exercised at least five days a week, in the pre-children stage of life, that included Basketball, Running, Softball and Football. I had let that drop off as working and family took up time and I wasn’t motivated to make time for other things. My wife, Terri, had been doing bootcamp with Chris and Jodi for a while and enjoyed the workouts. I had tried to workout on my own at home but it wasn’t fun. I tried Bootcamp and it became addictive. The workouts are not boring and the group of people are fun. I started to get back into shape and then began raising the bar. I then wanted to do the exercises at the highest levels and got my competitive drive back.

3. What results have you seen in yourself? What have others seen?

I feel like I am in great shape. I have lost weight since I started bootcamp and have toned up my body. I also see that my endurance in exercise has increased but more importantly my endurance in all other activities in life has increased.

Others have noticed that I have lost weight and that I don’t stop doing things. It could be exercise, having fun with family or just being active.

4. What is your biggest motivator?

My biggest motivator is my wife and kids. I want to stay healthy and be able to spend time going places, exploring and having fun with them. The better shape I can remain in the more I can do and cherish. I want to play sports with my wife as well as teach and play sports with my girls. Life with them is great and I want to extend that as long as possible.

5. What other accomplishments have you achieved outside of bootcamp this year? (i.e., Outside exercise habits or activities, nutrition habits, races, etc. )

If I’m not around for bootcamp due to work or vacation travel I try to get in at least the same amount of exercise as I would at home. I take some bootcamp workouts with me to do at the hotel gym or outside. I’d get stared at while doing them but I’m getting a much better workout than the people on the treadmills staring at me! I try to eat healthy which is easier as we do it as a family. I try to get exercise in whatever way I can. I walk up and down the stairs in my office rather than take an elevator. I also like playing sports (Basketball and running) with my family which helps us all and keeps me motivated and competitive as I don’t want to lose!

6. What does being nominated for Bootcamper of the Year mean to you?

Being nominated as Bootcamper of the Year is an amazing honor! Knowing the group of people that do Bootcamp at PhysicallyFit and being chosen as one of the group of twelve that have been nominated is an incredible accomplishment. This will boost my motivation level up another step and raise the bar to reach the next level.

Thank You!

No comments: