Friday, December 30, 2011

BOOTCAMPER OF THE YEAR NOMINEES 2011


10. MAUREEN FLEMING

1. How long have you been coming to PhysicallyFit? I have been coming to Physically Fit since April 2010. The inspiration to join PhysicallyFit was when I saw my daughter’s 3rd grade teacher’s amazing arms and asked where she got them. I am so glad I asked her.

2. What were your goals when you started? My goals were to lose weight, get back in shape, exercise on a regular basis and make my health a priority along with all the other priorities I have in life. To be ‘Physically Fit’ again!

3. What results have you seen in yourself? What have others seen? The results have all been positive. I see the difference on the scale, in my clothes and just have loads of energy. Others have been very supportive in telling me that they see the difference and to keep up the good work. No matter how old we get it is still nice to hear from your mom that you look great and keep it up because a happy family starts with a happy mom.

4. What is your biggest motivator? My biggest motivator is my family. I want to be a positive role model for them, and not just be on the sidelines telling them they need to do this and that. I sometimes see it at the soccer games where we are telling the kids to do this and that, but I think to myself when was the last time you ran on a soccer field, it is time for all of us to get up and get moving.

A great quote that is so true is ‘The secret of getting ahead is getting started.’
– Mark Twain

5. What other accomplishments have you achieved outside of bootcamp this year? (i.e., Outside exercise habits or activities, nutrition habits, races, etc. ) As a family, we have just made ourselves more active by going for hikes, skiing, bike riding and swimming at the Local Y. I am planning on doing some 5Ks with my daughter in the spring and summer at local races. I find it really inspiring to see all the different ages and shapes and sizes at the races. There is definitely positive energy at those races.

6. What does being nominated for Bootcamper of the Year mean to you? It means a lot to me. I wish this could be a group award because I really enjoy the strong sense of community that I get from being part of Physically Fit. I see how everyone has different responsibilities and obligations, but have made an effort to make sure that they are fitting these workouts in their life. I also get inspired by the various bootcamp members who push themselves to go faster or lift heavier weights or wake up at the wee hours to get that important workout in. It is amazing the feeling you get after a good workout. It really helps to put everything in perspective. There are definitely times I can talk myself out of coming to a class, but I think of that feeling I get once I have accomplished the workout and realize to just go and do it.

No comments: